Thursday 31 July 2014

Weekly Challenge #178: "Duotangle by the Letter!" and other stuff

This week's challenge is a duotangle based on my name's initials. I've got Zoya and Barney. Not only does Zoya starts with same letter as my first name, it is the Slavic version of my name.
My gorgeous virtual friend, Annette Carlo, came up with a cute new tangle - Oooples. Annette, it looks like music! Plus I couldn't resist playing around with a new journal of bristol smooth paper that I got for free, as well as a couple of new technical pens.

I'm sure you can pick the one for the challenge. The one in the top right is Annette's. A touch of Sprigs by my neighbour across the strait, Michele Beauchamp.

18 comments:

  1. Zoe, what can I say??? You are something else!! Thank you for such a nice introduction on your post! Way too kind!!! And I love your version of Ooples! Your right it does look like music! I love all the work you did here on your journal page.You are AWESOME!!! You know what else? You mentioned your name in Slovak is Zoya. I like that! But I am partial to anything Slovak because my mother is full Slovakian!! Too cool!! I think we are supposed to be cyber sisters!! You are way too cooooool!!! (((hugs))) :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you sweetheart! :) I know you have Slovak in the genes. Mine's Russian, but I suspect it's similar in all Slavic language. It's you who is way too cool! :):):):):):):):)

      Delete
  2. That's a wonderful tangle pattern from Annette and I like how you used it. Fun pieces, especially the one in the lower right! Enjoy your new drawing pad, new ones are just so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of nice work! You have wonderfully delicate line work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Jean, I particularly like the one at the bottom right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are very beautiful, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really wonderful pieces! I like your lovely and elegant style! I like Annette´s tangle pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely feedback!

      Delete
  7. The piece I made with Gerla is 50 x 50 cm. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So enjoyed these tangles, Zoe...I tried to comment earlier but my tablet wouldn't let me. At least it means I've had more time to look at your work here. I do like Annette's new tangle. The one I really like and which would look wonderful as a tile in its own right is the one on the bottom left. Gorgeous. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Annie! I know what you mean with tablets - I get that periodically.

      Delete
  9. Nice journal work. Is always nice to start out on new things. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete